What an overdue vacation. What a relaxing week. (At least after Blake turned in his bio-ethics assignments.) Who knew? Southern Shores at Spring time! No crowds, no cars, warm AND cool salty air, toasty fires, sleepy shop-owners, time for conversation with the locals... the mad rush of summer was nowhere to be found.
And we were really happy with our choice of rental; an airy and spacious 4-bedroom house smack on the water. We quickly fell in love with the early morning pelican flybys at only an arms distance from the deck, followed by the dolphin shows, which came like clockwork everyday. The house came with cruiser bikes so we decided to rent a roomy kid's trailer from a local surf shop. It was so relaxing and refreshing to cruise around on some flat land for a few days.Conrad crew and Gram join mid-week so Blake and I got the chance to steel a beautiful sunset-gazing evening to ourselves at a favorite sound front restaurant.
Towards the end of the week we somehow managed to play 18 holes of golf with Bastien. Made it to Goombays, picked up a few shirts, Bastien and Emmy got "Shirley Temple Sharks" and I think someone slipped the baby grenadine. Bastien finally got to visit a skateboard shop in Duck.... heaven! On the last night, Blake and I devoured what felt like 100 crab legs chased down by one too many Coronas; a solid finish if I don't say so myself.
For the full set of vacation photos:
Beautiful!
ReplyDelete